Hit the road for the most colourful time of year! Check our Itineraries and Roadtrips page for ideas, or go to Trip Ideas for recent articles.
It Still Feels Almost like Summer, Doesn’t it?
Some great ideas for Roadtrip Adventures…
- 15 Fabulous Trip Ideas to Keep Summer Going
- We published over 20 Roadtrip Adventures in 2022 to keep you having fun!
Pick a Roadtrip Adventure… Any Highway, Anytime..
- Take a Highway 28 roadtrip – go back 250 million years, grab your clubs, visit scenic provincial parks, hundreds of lakes, or get your adrenaline fix on an ATV!
- Explore the scenic route on Highway 15 & 45 – experience culture, nature reserves and more great stops!
- Experience the Battle River Valley and the great parks, shopping delights as you savour the flavours of the local food and good spirits along the way on Highways 14 & 13!
- Go North along Highway 2 & 55 and experience the beauty of the Francophone culture in Legal and Plamondon, as you head to the beautiful river town of Athabasca.
- Shop, adventure, & enjoy nature along Highway 16!
- See our videos for inspiration Link Videos or browse our Highway Roadtrips Guides. Take a pick and go roadtrippin!
Take in a Pumpkin or Garlic Festival!
The Smoky Lake Pumpkin Festival is back this October 1st! Enjoy mouth-watering food, the farmers’ market with pumpkin souvenirs, show n’shine, & of course the Great White North Weigh Off and Pumpkin Drop! Find more details here.
Go for the Garlic Festival…October 8th
Partake in the Pancake breakfast, farmers market, perogy dinner, parade, beer gardens, kids activities, entertainment, and more! Find details here.
The Provost Pumpkin Festival is back for its 15th year! Come out for a fun-filled day. Entertainment, a silent auction, the Great Pumpkin Decorating Contest and all-day pie sounds like a great time.
More Great Festivals Coming Soon!
Be sure to check our event calendar often for things to do – it’s already filling up with your favorite Thanksgiving, Halloween and Christmas themed events.
Amazing Corn Mazes are Still Open!
Head to a corn made and have fun getting lost, making the most of the autumn colours. Take your pick of mazes to explore in Vegreville, Smoky Lake, and Wainwright! Find details in our article and have a blast.
Eat, Drink, and Shop Local…
Check out our latest Roadtrip Adventure. Travel with Kevin and Jolene from Go East of Edmonton to the beautiful river Town of Athabasca where the local shopping and dining is a must to do! This roadtrip is one you don’t wanna miss out on!
For more great ideas, check out the best shops and cafes around the Go East of Edmonton region!
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more great posts about Local Businesses… Watch for our daily posts about events, food, shopping, roadtrips, and more!
Swing into September…
Golf courses are still open and the colours are fantastic all around you.
See our blog for featured regional golf courses, or check out the complete listing for all courses across the region.
Enter the Photo Contest!
You’ve enjoyed many a memory this year. And likely taken a few photos. We love to see the photos people treasure, and are looking for your best shots. Submit your photos to our contest by November 30. We can’t wait to see the gems you submit.
Need more Inspiration for your Trip? We’ve got you covered!
- Grab a copy of the Travel Guide so you can get started planning your Go East adventures today!
- If you prefer to get a head start from home, find a digital copy of the #1 Travel Guide for the region here.
Looking for new places to Go East of Edmonton?
Call us at 1-888-632-8755
or email info@goeastofedmonton.