Summer is in full swing. Be sure to make the most of the beautiful weather and plan your Awesome August Adventures!
Super Events and Festivals
Our Summer Events Guide has everything to make the most out of your summer. The Events Calendar has more details, posters and schedules of the best Fairs, Festivals and Rodeos across the region:
Battle River Train – Take the scenic route and spend the day on the train. Enjoy the entertainment, food, and ambiance of an antique train as you tour through rural Alberta. All of August
Big Valley Jamboree – This year, Big Valley is pulling out all the stops for its 30th anniversary. Come out to Camrose for a full weekend of good music, great times, with acts like Dierks Bentley, Dallas Smith and more. Aug 3-6
Cold Lake Aqua Days – Come for the live stage entertainment, vendor market, free water sport rentals, children’s activities, fireworks…Stay for the infamous Cardboard Boat Races! Aug 5
Smoky Lake Stampede – Expect a full weekend of rodeo events, good food and family fun! Aug 5-6
Lac La Biche Summer Days – Come out for a fun-filled team challenge in the Slow Pitch Tournament. Prizes and good times are to be had! August 5-7
Vegreville Country Fair – Soak up the five days of fun, especially when your gate admission gets you free entertainment! Aug 9-13
Tofield Western Days – Four days of pure rodeo fun! Aug 10-13
Boyle Wildberry Festival – Start your weekend off on a musical note at the Jam Session. Enjoy the pancake breakfast, parade and festival with a kid’s carnival, food trucks and more! Aug 11-12
Ride to Reynolds – See an amazing one day display of Motorcycles at the Reynolds Alberta Museum. Aug 12
L’Etape by Tour de France – Get your thrill as the mass of amateur cyclists zoom by! Watch riders from distances of 15 to 140 km! August 12-13
Lougheed Fair – With 100 years of memories, this year’s fair’s centennial event is sure to entertain with sports, horse and cattle shows, the Evolution of Tractors display, and other fun activities! Aug 12
Clandonald Country Fair – It’ll be a full day with events like face painting, the watermelon Contest, pancake breakfast, demo from the fire department, and more! Aug 12
Lloydminster CPCA Finals – Feel the excitement as the CPCA’s best drivers and fastest horses race for the Championship! Don’t miss a minute with pancake breakfasts, family fun nights, the Chuckwagon Cabaret, and more. Aug 16-20
Vilna Boomtown Days – Fun at Boomtown starts with amenities like pancake breakfast, BBQ, lunch, beer gardens, kids’ activities, bench show, and more. Don’t miss the Boomtown Days Dance! Aug 18-20
Alberta Open Farm Days – Come meet your rural neighbours. Visit local farms and farmers markets to learn where your food comes from and enjoy unique culinary experiences. Aug 19-20
Smoky Lake Long Table Brunch – Enjoy a locally sourced Culinary celebration in the Enchanted Forest at Métis Crossing. Aug 20
Ukrainian Day – Immerse yourself in the Ukrainian Culture at the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village. Aug 20
Flagstaff County Movie in the Park – Enjoy an evening of evening of fun and a movie under the stars. BBQ & activities will begin at 5:30 pm with this year’s movie, The Super Mario Bros., starting at 8:00 pm. Aug. 22
Strathcona Vintage Tractor – Tractors are pretty powerful. Come and see for yourself just what a tractor can do! Shop the garage sale, enjoy the food trucks and wagon rides, and more! August 27-28
St. Paul LRA Finals – With Pony Races, markets, a chili cookoff, Mutton Bustin’, and other fun performances and activities, Rodeo Week 2023 is going to be quite the spectacle! Aug 31-Sept 3
For more events, visit our Events Calendar!
- Immerse yourself in nature, go Camping or Glamping!
- Get up close to larger than life Roadside Attractions!
- Cool off in the water at 20+ Spray Parks.
- Have a beach day!
- Take a hike on the many Terrific Trails
- Hit the links and spend the day at top Golf Courses
- Visit some must-see Attractions.
- Go Sippin and try a new brew and responsibly enjoy a nice, cold drink this summer.
Whether you like to relax beachside, get in the water, stroll downtown, ATV or bike ride, you’ll have a blast in these welcoming communities within the region for an Unforgettable August.
- M.D. of Bonnyville – Relax with the Top 10 Things To Do in the M.D. of Bonnyville
- Camrose – There’s arts, recreation, festivals and more Top 10 Things to do in Camrose.
- Cold Lake – Relax with Beaches, Boutiques and the Best Adventures!
- Lac La Biche – Top 25 Things to do in Lac La Biche
- Smoky lake County – Enjoy an Indigenous Tourism experience when you visit Métis Crossing!
- Strathcona County – Find your Adventure in the city AND the county!
- Vegreville – Enjoy the rich cultural history and other Top 10 Things to do in Vegreville
- Vermilion – Biking in Vermilion cranks up the fun!
- Wainwright / Hardisty– Outdoor Summer Fun in East Central Alberta
Extend your Roadtrip Adventures with
Canalta Hotels has you covered! With locations in Camrose, Lac La Biche, St. Paul, Wainwright and more, they offer enjoyable amenities like pools and waterslides, complimentary hot breakfasts, and even a games room at Canalta St. Paul! Canalta Hotels provide comfortable accommodations that will energize you during your roadtrip adventures so you can keep the fun times going! Learn more here!
Play the One and Only
Roadtrip Adventure Game
A road trip is always a classic way to enjoy summer. Plus, when you play our game, you’re entered to win $6,000 worth of prizes! It’s free to play, so collect stickers, post your entry to social media and enter to win. The Game ends September 3 – Go Now!
Have fun visiting the region and collecting stickers to win prizes as you adventure.
It’s so easy to win…enter your gameboards or post your trips on social media! Win awesome prizes like:
- Fuel, Food, Dining, Beverages, Shopping, Gifts, Golf, Camping, Accommodations, Attractions Passes, Cash
…and much more!
Can’t quite decide which adventure to choose? Plan a Trip with the Travel Guide. With over 50 communities to explore and hundreds of events to take in you’re guaranteed to make magical memories this summer!
Looking for more Trip Ideas in 2023?
Every summer East of Edmonton is unique, full of activities to enjoy over the beautiful summer months.
- Find over 1000 pages of Things to See & Do, right here on our website, including events and travel information for all areas East, Northeast and Southeast of Edmonton, covering over 50 communities across East Central Alberta.
- Grab a copy of the Travel Guide so you can get started planning your Go East adventures today.
- Check out our Youtube page for inspiring videos! Subscribe and be up-to-date with all our videos!
- If you prefer to get a head start from home, find a digital copy of the #1 Travel Guide for the region here.