UPDATED BLOG *****2019 Smoky Lake Pumpkin Fair is Saturday, October 5th, 2019!!!*****
Last year, Don Crews of Lloydminster won with an 1884 lb pumpkin. He broke his previous site record of a 1652 lb pumpkin in 2017. Also won first place with a 131 lb watermelon. Even though this event is based around pumpkins there are many fun activities and events to choose from. A few that we won’t be missing are:
- THE WEIGH-OFF!
Starts at 12:30 pm Saturday, October 5, 2019
This is what we will be there for folks! These growers have been working hard all summer and are competing to produce the heaviest pumpkin, squash, watermelon and longest gourd in the world!!
- Pumpkin Patch Visit & Auction
Starts at 3:00 pm Saturday, October 5, 2019
Viewing the Pumpkin Patch and choosing which pumpkin to be bidding on! LOL That’s right!! You can purchase one of the largest pumpkins, AND the money will go towards a good cause! Half to the grower and the other half to the Smoky Lake and District Christmas Hamper.
- The Pumpkin Drop
Starts at 5:30 pm Saturday, October 5, 2019
Can you believe they put all this work into growing these massive pumpkins… and then they watch them get smashed! Definitely something to see that’s for sure!
- Children’s Activities
From 10:00 am to 4:00 pm Saturday, October 5, 2019
At the Complex they will have everything from a petting zoo, and mini midway to face painting and balloons.
- Iron Cruisers Show and Shine
From 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Saturday, October 5, 2019
Downtown Smoky Lake
Check out cars, trucks, old and new, vintage and antiques all day. These events are always super interesting because you can chat with the owners of these cool vehicles, and learn all about their history and all the hard work that went into them.
There really is something for everyone at the Great White North Pumpkin Weigh-Off & Fair! They will have activities all over Smoky Lake: at the Complex, the Lions Den, H.A. Kostash School, Downtown, at the Museum and at the Warspite Community Hall. For your planning and travel convenience they have a FREE shuttle between these locations. See the complete schedule below.
18 years and up – $15
8 – 17 years – $5
7 years and under – FREE
Smoky Lake Weigh off & Fair Events Schedule
Friday, October 4, 2019 Agricultural Complex Events
– All Gourds Registration – 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
– Pumpkin Kick-Off: Free Pie and Coffee
– Entertainment – 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Saturday, October 5, 2019
Agricultural Complex Events
8:00 am to 11:30 am
– NO Entries accepted after 11:30 am
– Food Service 9:30 am Hall & Fair Grounds
– Music by “Northern Kings” 9:00 am to 12:00 noon
– Farmers’ Market 10:00 am to 4:00 pm Kinsmen Gazebo and H.A Kostash School
– Arena Entertainment 10:00 am to 12 noon
WEIGH-OFF 12:30 P.M – Guest MC A.J. Keller
– Pumpkin Patch viewing and Giant Pumpkin Auction to follow (50% of proceeds donated to Smoky Lake and District Christmas Hamper – 50% to Grower)
Other Saturday Venues
– Kinette Pancake Breakfast 8:00 am – 11:00 am Lion’s Den
– Seniors Garage Sale 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Seniors Drop-Inn Centre, Downtown: Pie and Coffee
– Iron Cruisers Show and Shine 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Downtown: For information call – 780-656-2463
– Showcase Ukraine 10:00 am to 4:00 pm Ukrainian National Hall, Downtown
– Smoky Lake Museum 11:00 am to 4:30 pm Complex Grounds
– Beer Gardens & Lunch Services 11:30 am to 4:30 pm Smoky Lake Curling Rink Downtown
– Threshing Bee Demonstration 2:00 pm by Museum (weather permitting)
– Pumpkin Drop 5:30 pm at Complex Grounds
– Supper and Dance 5:30 PM Warspite Hall – Music – Northern Kings
Sunday, October 6, 2019
– Pumpkin Classic (Smoky Lake Golf Course) Fun Tournament – 9 Hole – Prizes, Tee time @ 12:00 Noon (weather permitting)
Join the thousands of people who flock to Smoky Lake this October 5, 2019 for the Smoky Lake 31st Annual Great White North Pumpkin Fair & Weigh-Off. This is a family focused event that will be sure to entertain the whole family for the day.
Looking for a place to stay?!
For more to do and see while you’re in Smoky Lake see the Regions Agriculture & Culinary Adventures page here!
Or need help with any other part of your planning?! We are happy to help you plan a trip. Please feel free to contact our Go East of Edmonton team at 1-888-632-8755 or message us on Facebook.
Did you enjoy this blog?
Subscribe to get our monthly email full of deals, events, activities and Fun stuff all across the Go East of Edmonton Region! It’s another great way for you to stay up to date on what’s happening! Click here to Subscribe