Mini-golf, berry-picking, pies and water sports make for a rejuvenating adventure
– Jeremy Derksen for #TakeItToTheLake
Here’s your invitation to #TakeItToTheLake this summer! Call your friends and family too; they don’t want to miss this chance to visit you this summer and/or for you too to get out and renew yourself while you… #TakeItToTheLake.
“Don’t come out here and expect to ace it,” says Darren Robson about the mini-golf at Rocky Meadows Country Getaway. “You’re gonna get schooled.”
With farm equipment as obstacles, the course challenges visitors with a weird and wonderful design, including what may well be the most challenging mini-golf hole in Alberta, maybe even beyond.
But don’t let that intimidate you: with the wide-open, laid back vibe of this region, and all the other activities to round out a visit, there is the makings of a wholesome day that has the ability to penetrate into your soul and warm you from the inside out.
Hit the road and #TakeItToTheLake this summer, ZenSeekers has more to get you there, it’s all right here Pie and possibility – Becoming a kid again in the M.D. of Bonnyville.
To make it easy, here are some suggestions:
1. Bring your A-game to the mini-golf course at Rocky Meadows – like I did. Yeah, that’s me making the auger putt!
2. Cool off by picking saskatoon berries, and sample Rocky Meadows’ home-made pies (with ice cream, of course) and preserves.
3. Go tubing down the Beaver River (when water levels allow) or enjoy the views with a walk across the Beaver Trestle Bridge overlooking the lush green Beaver River valley. The bridge is a part of the Great Trail of Canada (formerly the Trans Canada Trail).
4. Take a paddle at the Muriel Lake M.D. Campground – it’s shallow and warm, making it a great lake to learn a new water sport like paddle boarding, or just enjoy a relaxing cruise.
5. Camp at Muriel Lake or Rocky Meadows and enjoy the quiet, relaxed vibe of the region’s boreal surroundings.
Get out and find some space this summer; this is your invite to #TakeItToTheLake. Please share this experience with friends and family or, send them this story, Pie and possibility – Becoming a kid again in the M.D. of Bonnyville.