Winter Adventures East of Edmonton
Must Do Winter Experiences
Sledding & Snowmobiling
There are over 500 km of trails maintained &/or groomed by over 10 snowmobile clubs in communities throughout the area. For trail maps contact: Alberta Snowmobile Assn. 780-427-2695
Regional Ski Hills
Long Lake Ski Area
10 am to 4:30 pm Offering 13 downhill & snowboarding runs with a rope tow & T-bar lifts. Ski equipment rentals. Designated tobogganing area. Snowmaking, cafeteria, ski & snowboard lessons. 1-866-576-2161
Valley Ski Hill
Southwest of Alliance, set in the beautiful Battle River Valley come and enjoy the fun with your whole family. All trails are patrolled by qualified Ski Patrol offering excellent terrain for skiers and snowboarders from beginner to expert. 780-879-2106
Kinosoo Ridge Snow Resort
East of Cold Lake. Kinosoo Ridge has served as North Eastern Alberta’s premiere downhill ski facility for 35 years. There are 13 runs of varied skiing ability, tubing and terrain parks. 780-594-5564
Mount Joy Snow Resort
Visit this family friendly ski and snowboard resort only twenty minutes southwest of Lloydminster. New runs added, impressive terrain and affordable prices for the whole family to enjoy. 780-745-2547 www.mountjoy.ca
Cross Country Skiing
Elk Island National Park
National & Provincial - Parks & Designated Trails
- 100 km at Elk Island National Park
- 26 km at Long Lake Prov. Park north of Waskatenau. Through the Park you can also access the White Earth Valley - 17 km of trails, excellent for mountain biking on its backcountry rolling hills. Also accessible at Twp. Rd. 620 & Rg. Rd. 190.
- Vermilion Provincial Park is the hometown of x-country skiing Olympic Gold Medalist Beckie Scott. Enjoy 15 km of groomed trails. Contact Vermilion Nordic Ski Club at 780-853-5985.
- 20 km at Miquelon Lake Prov. Park south of Tofield
- 35 km at Whitney Lakes Prov. Park east of Elk Point.
- 6 km at Garner Lake Prov. Rec. Area
- 13.5 km at Cold Lake Prov. Park
- Near Lac La Biche, 45 km at Lakeland Prov. Rec. Area
- 8 km at Sir Winston Churchill Prov. Park
- 10 km at Big Knife Prov. Park near Forestburg
- 10 km at Dilberry Lake Prov. Park near Chauvin
- Over 50 km from Fort Saskatchewan heading north on the Athabasca Landing Trail
Cooking Lake/Blackfoot Provincial Recreation Area
4 staging areas that act as trailheads within the 97 sq km of total trail network for hiking, cycling, equestrian, dog sledding, snowshoeing, skating, snowmobiling and cross-country skiing (100 km groomed trails, 60 km non-groomed). Host site of the Canadian Birkebeiner.
Strathcona Wilderness Centre
Rent complete x-country ski and snowshoe equipment for all ages. Ski lessons are available along with waxing services, food concession and lounge area. 12 km of groomed & track set trails. 16 km E of Sherwood Park.
Winter ListingsThis is where we would have a directory list including various winter product with tabs like "All Winter" , "Outdoor", "Ski Hills" etc OR we have one row for ski hills like Kinosoo etc and then another row for the regular directory items tagged to winter?