Take a look at some of the exciting things to do in the Lac La Biche Region this winter:
#SkiNorthAB Snow-and-Stay Package: Indulge your winter wanderlust with a discounted hotel stay, the opportunity to experience cross-country skiing in the boreal forest, vouchers for retail therapy, cozy treats and craft beer, and the chance to win a guided snowmobile tour for two.Save 20% nightly at BCMInns Lac La Biche by mentioning #SkiNorthAB at the time of booking. Each #SkiNorthAB room will have a welcome package waiting for you that includes:
- Contact information to organize a cross-country ski rental through the Lac La Biche Ski Club
- A voucher to save 15% storewide at Highpoint Clothing
- A voucher for a free pitcher of house beer at Fat Unicorn Brewery
- A voucher for a free drink with purchase of two drinks OR a free cookie with the purchase of a latte or hot chocolate at Rustic Bean
- Two ballots to enter to win a guided snowmobile or quad tour for two people with Off-Road Rentals & Sales (entrants must be at least 18 years of age)
Snowmobiling: Rent a snowmobile from Off-Road Rentals & Sales or bring your own to explore the backcountry trails of Lakeland Provincial Park & Provincial Recreation Area, putting the wilderness ahead of you and leaving your worries and sled tracks behind you.
Cross-Country Skiing: Glide through the woods on groomed ski trails at Sir Winston Churchill Provincial Park and Shaw Lake Day Use Area, and connect with Lac La Biche Ski Club on Facebook (@LLBSkiClub) to arrange equipment rentals.
Trapline Tours at Winefred Lake Outfitters: Journey to Winefred Lake Outfitters to spend a day in the world of a Métis wilderness trapper, learning about this rugged, timeless and traditional way of life.
Winter Festival of Speed: This ice racing spectacle, happening February 27 and 28 on the frozen surface of Lac La Biche Lake, calls thrill-seekers from across Western Canada to race cars, motorcycles, snowmobiles and more.
Ice Fishing: Prize catches are still swimming beneath the ice, and you can contact Lakeland Expeditions Rentals to ask about renting fully equipped ice fishing cabins on Lac La Biche Lake’s frozen surface (subject to COVID-19 restrictions).
Snowshoeing: Rent snowshoes from the Bold Center, or visit Hideaway Adventure Grounds Ltd. for a snowy trek.See also our winter stories in the Lac La Biche Region.For more things to do in the Lac La Biche Region look here.